Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Thing #19 - Web 2.0 Awards List
Now we're having some fun! I explored I'm Cooked, the first place winner in the food catagory. This is a site for foodies and those aspiring to be the next Food Network star! First, I am a visual learner and I would much rather watch a video than to read instructions (which is one of the things I like about all these 2.0 things). I'm Cooked is basically a site containing thousands of videos that show regular people like you and me cooking a dish just like Rachel Ray (well, kind of)! You can also film and download videos of yourself cooking a dish! Now I am by no means a chef. I quit cooking several years ago whenever I started my master's program, and that's when my husband took over the kitchen -- and he has been the chef in our family ever since. However, I still love to eat food (and would consider myself a foodie), and I love watching some of the shows on the Food Network. I also don't mind cooking (in fact I used to bake all the time), but a lot of it is just being out of the habit, among other things. Even if you don't cook like me, the videos are entertaining and inspiring. You can also join groups and invite friends (like some of the other 2.0 sites). If you do nothing else, you must watch the coffee art video, which takes coffee making to a whole new level. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll have to check out that site on your recommendation. I'm not a chef at all (in fact, my dog runs to another room when I get out the mixer), but it does sound like I might learn a few things from the videos.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment