Monday, July 28, 2008
Thing #14 - Technorati and How Tags Work
I did a keyword search in Blog Posts (using exact phrase and all words) and in Tags -- both in the advanced search screen for "School Library Learning 2.0" and while the results weren't identical, they were similar. They both pulled up posts about web 2.0 things and they both pulled up videos about it. But of course the Tag search only pulled up posts that were specifically tagged "School Library Learning 2.0." (I can see where tags can be extremely useful, but I guess not everyone tags their posts). There may have been some overlapping sites (I saw the same video). I did a URL search and it pulled up the exact same things as a Tag search. I went to the Blog Directory and I did not see a keyword search, but clicked on "Web 2.0" under Technology. It pulled up blogs about Web 2.0 (not individual posts). Again, there may have been some overlapping as far as the blogs that came up, but I am not sure. Whenever I looked at Popular Blog, Searches & Tags, I noticed there were several blogs about technology (some of the same ones that came up in the Blog Directory under Web 2.0) under favorite blogs by fans and by authority. This shows what people are interested in and how they are spending their time. Technorati can assist me by helping me find blogs of interest as well as blogs having to do with my field. It is also a useful place for headlines and other information. I claimed my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment