Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #13 - Tagging and Discover Del.icio.us

Now I understand tagging better. I think these social tagging sites are great - particularly because you can access them on any computer. I also like the fact that you can see how many people tagged certain sites (because you know there is something special or important about that site). For example, I clicked on a classical music tag and I saw a site that had an enormous amount of saves, so I clicked on it. It made perfect sense because it was a site for downloading free sheet music. I think del.icio.us is great for research because it kind of narrows the playing field and gets you to relevant sites faster. It would be a great tool for teachers to use as they can create groups and share resources. In Furl you can e-mail articles to people, etc. I really liked the look of Ma.gnolia even before I read the tutorial about the fact that they boast about the visual stimulation of their site. It is so true!

No comments: