Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #11 - Library Thing

Wow! This is pretty cool! It reminds me a little of Myspace or Facebook as far as the networking goes. I think my favorite thing about Library Thing is how you can add your favorite local bookstores or libraries, and it lists the upcoming events going on there. Just yesterday (before I started this "thing") my sister called me and asked where I was planning on purchasing Breaking Dawn (the 4th book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, which comes out August 2nd), and which bookstore event sounded better. When Eclipse came out we went to the Eclipse Prom at Barnes & Noble, but regretted not going to the one at the Blue Willow Book Shop (which we caught the tail end of). Now all this information is at my fingertips. As far as the groups go, I probably won't join one because I would rather join a book club in which I can socialize with other people face to face. I spend enough time in front of the computer as it is (although I think it's a great option for other people). However, if I were to join a group, it would probably be Read LA Lit (considering the first couple of books listed as shared the most are the books I just cataloged in my Library Thing. I also found the Girlybooks group interesting. I also think it would be challenging and fun to join a group that would get you to read something you may not typically pick up. I look forward to sharing Library Thing with my sister!

No comments: