Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Thing #9 - Slideshare (11.5 More Things)
I think Slideshare is a great Web 2.0 tool. I remember wanting to post a slide show to my blog someone sent to me via email of various places around Houston after Hurricane Ike. I couldn't figure out how to do it so, naturally, I emailed Vaughn. She pointed me to Slideshare and it worked like a charm. I think like all the other things we've been learning about, students can really benefit from using Slideshare. To me, it seems like the same idea as You Tube or Teacher Tube, just in slide form. It's a great way to search for information on a topic, and it would be a great way to put student projects on a blog, etc. for all to see, or for students to share their projects with the world. It would also make grading presentations nice for a teacher as they would all be in one spot. As I mentioned before, I've used Slideshare to post a slide show to my blog, but I didn't understand it well and didn't realize you could use it to search out other people's presentations. I found a book talk presentation on Slideshare that gave me an idea for my own book talk slides. I also remember Teri Lesesne's TLA presentations being on Slideshare this past year -- such an easy way to get access to her lists without killing all the trees. It's funny to think that it wasn't but a few years back that she was still using an overhead projector and rapidly tossing her transparencies to the floor as she spoke (or perhaps I just have a warped sense of how quickly time flies)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment