Sunday, August 2, 2009
Thing #10 - Virtual Worlds (11.5 More Things)
Hello. My name is Bree Collazo... Wow, this was certainly interesting, but it's definitely not going to be something you'll catch me doing in my free time. I played with it for a while and learned a lot, but I could REALLY benefit from someone showing me the basics and guiding me around, as opposed to trying to figure it out by myself. I watched a little video on how to change my avatar, and I also learned how to change it's clothes, but it was not as user friendly as one might hope. I never did figure out the hair. I went to Galveston, New York City, a flight museum, a school, and a store. One of the things that stood out to me was how lonely I was, although I did see an occasional person here and there. I wonder if there are places where a lot of people hang around? Apparently you can go shopping and get some new clothes for free, but I couldn't figure it out. I saw a man in a store and asked him to help me (chatted with him), and he actually led me to the women's department, but then I got stuck. My daughter saw me doing it and wanted in on the fun, so we messed around with it together (she helped me with the colors of my clothes, and we played around with the various gestures you can make your avatar say and do). She loved "wash" and just kept giggling about it. She was more into this than me, I might add, and it kind of helped me because I was at a bit of at a loss and she lead the way. As far as education goes I it looks like the sky is the limit. You can build and create things, buy things, go visit places, even attend seminars, etc., etc. The guy I chatted with owned that store, so I guess he built it himself -- which is beyond my imagination. And I read about the guy creating the Frank Lloyd Wright museum. I tried to go to a school to see what I could learn and I didn't figure it out. Neat stuff, but not my cup of tea. However, just like my daughter, I think some of the students would take this and run with it. I did notice some inappropriate things and clothing, so I hope the teen version is cleaner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment