1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I liked the image generators (especially Wordle), learning how to post to You Tube, learning about other video resources, iTouch apps (I needed to learn this), Screencasting (Jing), Second Life (although I had no desire to do it at first, and claimed I wouldn't be doing it in my free time), and I think learning about Digital Citizenship is important.
2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? These are just new things to have in my repertoire of experiences that I will be able to incorporate into my personal and professional life. And I think it's important as an information specialist to have a basic knowledge and understanding of what's available out there technologically (Skype, etc.), even if I don't utilize them all myself.
3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I had a negative attitude about Second Life and didn't feel like doing it at all. I claimed I would not be caught doing it in my free time, but I find myself talking about it to people, and I logged in the other day to see if I could find a Starbucks. It's just kind of cool. I think some people really must live vicariously through these virtual worlds, and I'm not into that (nor do I have the time), but it is pretty interesting and I want to interact with more people on there. It would be fun to get a group of friends together for a vacay somewhere. Also, I did research and really struggled between the Blackberry and iPhone for a long time before I made a purchase. I ended up going with (and loving) my Blackberry (claiming I wasn't a "gadgety" person and didn't need all those i-things). But I am so glad I got to play with my friend's iPhone and iTouch. I don't think I'm going to do away with my Blackberry, but I am now looking forward to my husband getting an iPhone and playing with his. It's the best of both worlds!
4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I enjoyed this one so much more than the 23 Things because it was shorter and I was more interested in the "things." However, I have some experiences under my belt that I did not have before doing 23 Things and that probably has something to do with it. I can't really think of a way to improve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment