
Wordle is way cool! I really had fun with this, and of course had to checkout every single font and play with the colors. I did one based on Barry's suggestion of listing every word that describes what our job as a librarian entails. I really do plan to print this out (poster size) and hang it on my office door. And I liked how you could change the layout of the words (horizontal, vertical, half & half, etc.) and if you like the horizontal layout, but you don't care for how the words are ordered, I found that if you change it to another layout (say vertical) and then change it back to horizontal, the words are in different spots, so you can mess with it and choose one where the important words are emphasised. I also plugged in my family blog website and almost started crying to see all the words that represent my family's life (Mia, soccer, Mimi, etc.). Amazing tool! Love it. A student could use this tool to summarize what was learned in a research project such as the Holocaust. Or, as mentioned copy and paste a paper that was written and it would be a great way to present the information (or could be used as a help tool when presenting a paper or book report to the class.Wordsift is really amazing too! As far as school goes it can be used in the same manner as Wordle, bu via a projector so students can use the hotlinks. Again it would be perfect to present what was learned in something like a Holocaust project, as students could be linked to pictures and such as the person is presenting. The downfall would be all the hotlinks that come up for words that have nothing to do with content of the paper...
Glogster is really neat. I do think there is a different (better) kind of thinking going on by doing an online poster vs. a cardboard poster because there are so many different variables associated with Glogster (text, pictures, music, podcasting, videos, etc.). A lot more information can be imparted! And of course the kids are going to be more excited to do Glogster because they are technologically wired.
Bookr is neat. It could be used instead of a PowerPoint or Photostory to present a project. It does have its creative limitations though -- no sound, no changing colors or fonts, etc. However, the simplicity could be ideal for younger kids. And I like how you can easily email it to someone (a teacher). Unfortunately, I published my lame trial bookr project on the bookr site... enjoy!
Click this link to see my Wordle poster...
title="Wordle: Libraries2">
alt="Wordle: Libraries2"
style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd">
1 comment:
samples?
this go-round is more application than just awareness
you can go to bookr and upload to your blog...at least give us the title so we can find it?
Wordle does now have the code avaalble so you post it in your blog for us to get a preview of your poster plan!
Post a Comment