Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #1 - Registration (11.5 More Things)

Just as technology doesn't replace the need for libraries, technology will never replace the need for teachers. The role of a teacher always has and will be that of a facilitator -- someone to point students in the right direction. In fact, technology enhances the need for both libraries and teachers, as they all go hand in hand. The information age is ever changing and can be very confusing. Libraries organize this information and teachers/librarians are there to impart it. I always said that I miss being in school because it kept me up on the ever changing technology. After graduate school in 2000 I would hear about things and not know what people were talking about. I haven't felt that way since I began working in SBISD because we have such an awesome library director who facilitates our continuous learning. Regarding the video, I think the role of the student is accurate (I am one), and the video is right on. And yes, a librarian can and SHOULD play the role of the teacher depicted in the video.

No comments: